After much thought and procrastination, I finally have my first two goals… in writing. On this virtual paper. They may seem vigorous, but working toward something – like these goals – will certainly push me toward something better (even if I never achieve the goal). Anyhow, after no post for more than a week, I present the following goals.
Setting up this blog was time consuming. I feel that I can attribute this to several factors such as:
- My desire to go ‘all the way’ – getting all the social bookmarking set up.
- Not knowing exactly how to do step 1.
I listed exactly – well almost exactly – what I had to do to set up the blog, and how much time every step took.
Many or most of us have started from zip – nothing. This is where I am today.
Let me give you a quick rundown of my situation:
- I am a 24 year old guy and I am worse off financially than when I graduated from high school.
- I still live at home with my parents.
- I am $58,121.51 (not including interest) in college loan debt – I pay $515.72 every month.
- I never earned a college degree, despite spending five years in college (community, public, and private)
- I have two jobs – one full time as a dishwasher in a restaurant (only 30 hours), and one in a department store as a cashier/customer service associate, only one day a week. Neither job has offered any signs of possible raise or advancement.
- I make enough (at the moment) just to pay my loans, buy gas and food, (and pay for several online endeavors such as this)
- I don’t own the car I drive – I am borrowing it from my Dad.
- The list goes on.
So in other words, I am starting from zip.